We love dogs! We strive to keep our pet friendly homes just that, pet friendly, by asking our guests to be conscientious about the impact their four legged friend is having on the home, the property and the neighbors.
Of pet owners, we ask to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow our pet policy during your time with us:
- An additional Cleaning/Pet Fee of $150.00 will be added to any reservation with dogs
- We accept guests of the canine persuasion only ~ sorry, no feline friends.
- Clean up after your dog, both in public areas and in the yard of your rental property.
- Do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties. Many of our homes are located near residential neighborhoods, and we must respect the comfort and privacy of those residents. Complaints may lead to eviction without refund. This will be at the sole discretion of AVD.
- Do not allow dogs on furniture or beds. It is also helpful to bring something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your pet will be comfortable sleeping. Many pets are used to being allowed on furniture and beds at their own home, but this is not allowed in our rental properties. Please, bring any kennel or special bedding your pet may enjoy with this is mind. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind. This may include professional steam cleaning; usually resulting in charges above $200.
- Groom your dog prior to their stay in the home, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next renter in your property may not have a pet. Extra cleaning fees will be charged for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Don’t leave your dog unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave. You are responsible for any damages your pet causes.
- Do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help to ensure that no additional cleaning fee is necessary due to pet related messes (ie: paw prints and mud on carpet)
- Do not allow dogs in swimming pools or hot tubs please. Several local groomers offer pet bathing services and we would be happy to help you coordinate an appointment with one.
- Ensure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date prior to your stay, especially flea treatment.
It is the sole responsibility of the guest to comply with all New Mexico, County of Santa Fe, and City of Santa Fe laws and ordinances as related to dogs.
- AVD and Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
If you have any questions or concerns about our pet policy or what accommodations your pet may need in a particular property. We are intimately familiar with each property and are eager to help you and fur-baby get comfortable!