Pet Friendly Vacations in Santa Fe
Can’t bear the thought of leaving your dog at home? Many of A Vacation Different’s vacation homes proudly allow guests to bring their dogs along. Santa Fe has never failed to please visitors in the aspect of culture, history, food, or experience. Enjoying the City Different on your own without your dog is no longer the only option. Our furry friends have grown to become part of our family and we’re excited to welcome them into our homes during your stay. Known for hospitality, Santa Fe welcomes all your family members (especially the furry ones) with open arms.
A Vacation Different’s collection of vacation rental homes in Santa Fe offer stays that welcome pets wholeheartedly. Providing pet-friendly recommendations and locations that will please the most playful and exploratory pets. Dogs of any size and weight are welcomed year-round, with snow in the winter for playful days in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains to Santa Fe’s 300+ days of sunshine each year enabling opportunities for walks to explore our beautiful city. Our provisions include homes with fully fenced yards, hot tubs, spectacular views, large acreage, family-friendly amenities, walking distance to all the sites of Santa Fe, and an aesthetically pleasing atmosphere that both you and your furry friend can enjoy. We provide spaces of convenience for them to enjoy their vacation making it a win-win for parents and pets.
Whether it’s the sunsets, atmosphere, or climate; one thing is clear, the City Different makes an impression on all its visitors. There is no better vacation rental in Santa Fe to choose from than one that is pet friendly. We all aim to keep our little friends’ tails wagging and eyes starry and we assure you such a response through our services. We believe your pets will have the time of their lives staying in our Santa Fe vacation rentals and will never want to leave. Don’t let them miss this chance of fun, happiness, and gratefulness. So, pack your pet bags and we’ll see you soon!
- All of our Pet friendly vacation rentals have adequate spaces for pets to answer their nature’s call. This helps maintain the sanity of the home and reduces worry during your stay. We also have vacation rentals with private outdoor spaces for them to freely attend to their needs and the living space to be kept neat and tidy.
- These cute little beings are fond of messing up everything and playing around with anything they find, which is why we have pet-proofed rooms that allow all the delicate and fragile objects to be placed out of their reach and in a safer location.
- While some rentals may be pet friendly, they also have boundaries beyond which they are not allowed like the pool, recreational areas, or some public arenas. It is best to let your pets enjoy their vacations in their own areas of comfort and not bring them everywhere as they may wander off and maybe cause disturbance to your neighbors at times or might put themselves in danger.
- We provide toys, food bowls, treats, and other pet accessories needed to keep your pets occupied and happy during their visit.
- Custom walking maps and recommendations of fun places to walk, explore and let your dog play.
- Our Santa Fe vacation rentals are also equipped with cleaning products and equipment for your pets. You may have some extra work on your hand by bringing them along, but we’ve got the necessities covered with biodegradable disposal bags provided at each rental.
- Santa Fe offers pet salons for them to be groomed and to enjoy a luxurious spa treatment. We are extremely pet-friendly and would love to do our best to keep them happy.
Santa Fe has comprehensive options for you to enjoy along with your pets. They are no longer your tag-along, they are family, and our team welcomes your whole family. Let our Santa Fe vacation rental homes enjoy the pleasure of meeting your cute and fluffy family members soon. Pack your bags and don't forget your pet bags and meet us in Santa Fe. We are forever at your service.
- Don't see what you need? Contact us and we'll do everything we can to accommodate your whole family, furry friends, and all.
- Our vacation homes accommodate up to 2 dogs each, regardless of size and weight.
- Other pets may be accommodated on request; please contact us and tell us what you need.
- Please see our pet-friendly policy for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where’s a great place to hike in Santa Fe with my dog?
Why yes! Dale Ball Hiking/Mountain Biking Trails Trailhead at Intersection of Hyde Park Rd & Sierra del Norte. It is my favorite trail to visit with first-time visitors to Santa Fe. You can make your loop as short or as long as you want. For example, Loop 1, 2, 3 takes me about 1 hr and 15 min. This trail is very beginner-friendly and not very technical. The Dale Ball Trail system is a 22-mile network of trails in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Located a short distance from downtown Santa Fe, it is the quickest way to get from the city into the mountains. It offers great opportunities for beginners and advanced hikers alike, along with amazing views of both the surrounding. Dogs allowed.
Do you know of anywhere to buy cute Santa Fe pet accessories?
Teca Tu A Pawsworthy Pet Emporium is the perfect place for some pet souvenirs and gifts. They even have a ‘Made in New Mexico’ section with a variety of items locally made for the perfect reminder of your pet’s visit to Santa Fe. Located in the DeVargas Mall, the store is just minutes from the plaza and walkable from many of our vacation rentals.
Are there any dog parks close to the Plaza in Santa Fe?
Yes, your dog will love to romp and roam freely and play with other dogs at the Frank Ortiz Dog Park, which has an off-leash area. This is Santa Fe's official dog park, located at 1160 Camino De Las Crucitas, which is just a mile from the plaza and with bike paths and tennis courts nearby.
Pet Friendly Restaurants in Santa Fe
319 S Guadalupe St Santa Fe, NM 87501 | (505) 982-2565 | https://cowgirlsantafe.com
Cowgirl BBQ on Guadalupe Street in Santa Fe serves up great BBQ, steak, and Tex-Mex favorites. Nightly music on the dog-friendly outdoor patio. It’s the perfect spot for some dancing, people/pet watching, and live music any night of the week.
1115 Hickox St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 | http://tuneupsantafe.com
This cute neighborhood cafe serves a full breakfast, burgers, quesadillas, enchiladas, as well as surf and turf options. Don’t forget to try the carrot cake if you’re lucky enough to arrive before it’s sold out. Front patio seating is dog-friendly.
TerraCotta Wine Bistro
304 Johnson St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 | (505) 989-1166 | http://terracottawinebistro.com
One of the best spots for happy hour in town! Large selection of wines by the glass, scrumptious cheese boards to share, and fresh creative salads. The pet-friendly patio is available.
315 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87501 | 505-986-9190 | http://www.315santafe.com
Romantic French eatery featuring seasonal fare, vast wine list & twinkling white lights. Complementing the extensive wine list is a menu that includes steak fries, braised veal Osso Bucco, and creme brulee for dessert. Patio seating welcomes dogs.
209 E Palace Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501 | (505) 989-3505 | http://www.palaciosantafe.com
This is, in our opinion is the best New Mexican food on the Plaza. Try the green chile (and order extra green chiles), chicken enchilada plate or the breakfast burrito, or the BLTA with a bowl of green chile stew. Shoot, try it all. We’ve never had anything but an incredible meal here and with the dog friendly patio it should be your first and last meal while visiting.
Loyal Hound a Pub
730 St. Michaels Drive, Santa Fe, 87505 | 505-471-0440 | https://www.loyalhoundpub.com
You won’t see this local pub on many recommended Santa Fe eateries. What a shame! Loyal Hound is all about comfort food. And their comfort food is ALL scratch-made! I used to only eat deviled eggs when my grandmother made them by the dozens many, many moons ago. The Hound decided to channel Grandma and throw them on the menu as one of their highlighted appetizers. I’ve had meals here consisting of only, yes, several orders of their deviled eggs. Other must-tries are the German style pretzel, spicy green chile mac & cheese, Cubano sandwich, and the fish n chips (if you’re cool with doubling your cholesterol count in one sitting...kidding, kidding!). Finish your gut-busting meal with an eclectic homemade dessert, if you have room. Dog-friendly patio and dog photo décor make this eatery a perfect pet-friendly spot! Good luck.